Sunday, April 01, 2007

4 Days in Sydney

On Thursday 22nd March, Mum, Aimee and I set off on an epic journey. Braving huge suitcase loads, obscene traffic, a cryptic Navman and me monitoring my swiftly declining bank balance after each shopping trip, we spent 4 days in Sydney.

For those of you who don't know, Aimee and I are both Blues, cockroaches, southerners. We left NSW when very young though and have lived in the Sunshine State ever since. We thought as a special birthday present for mums 'special' birthday this year (she won't let us say the age!) that we would take her back down south to sightsee our old home, go shopping in the huge shopping centres, and do the touristy Sydney City thing.

In 4 days we managed to explore the North Shore, the Western Suburbs (Paramatta, Penrith, Richmond, Windsor) headed up to Newcastle for a day to visit some friends and on the last day Sydney City.

Mum got a phone call on the Thursday - she got a new job!! and so, we all got home from the airport around 11pm Sunday night, for her to start bright and early on Monday.

I would love to go more in depth with our activities, but I think the pictures speak for themselves. All we need now is a photo of me with 20 odd shopping bags around me and that completes the story.

Anyway, in other news, Chelsea is learning her Solo Dance for Eisteddfods now. Her dance is 'Splish Splash' by Elmo - As usual we are very proud of her.

Have a great week, Suzi xo

1 comment: