Friday, September 17, 2010

The 'Tween' Room




Well, gone are the days when my baby girl slept in a pretty pink room that she called her 'princess room'. (See Pictures Here).

In my quest to simplify I have spent alot of time asking her what toys she likes playing with, what things she doesn't want anymore and what furniture she would like best in her room.

A couple of weeks ago I went in and began the task ahead. She is a hoarder. McDonalds toys, pieces of giftwrap ribbon, ripped up pieces of paper in piles. You name it, it was in there, including some things that I put aside in bags for charity which had SOMEHOW made their way back in there ;)

Finally after 6 hours it was done. All of the furniture was already there previously, apart from the dressing table. This belonged to "Little Nanny" who died recently. Chelsea was lucky to receive this and says she thinks of Nanny everytime she looks at it, which is so lovely.

I was thinking of selling the Ikea chair on ebay as we don't have room for it elsewhere in the house, but it makes a perfect reading chair for her in the corner, and helps it look grown up as well.

We are renting at the moment (subject to change however) :) so I'm not able to paint walls or do too much personalisation, but I love the end result all the same. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Love the room. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete