Monday, June 28, 2010


I heart kikki k!!!!
What a week! I pretty much neglected the cooking and had simple meals all week, partly because the house was in disarray. I have been wanting to create a computer/study nook in the kitchen ever since we moved in and finally got it finished this week. Previously this space had a cane drawer unit with the microwave on it, a box full of recipe books, a wine rack and the bread maker. The wall unit above had an unused stereo and alot of CRAP on top!!

I headed down to Ikea and picked out the Forhoja kitchen trolley and a nice stool that I have been eyeing off for quite some time. I dragged the computer, printer and all of my stationery out and bit by bit got it all stored away. The cane drawer unit underneath the printer was a bargain buy I got on ebay for $10 a couple of months ago! It holds computer cables, cds & bits and pieces in one drawer, ebay packaging, envelopes and tape etc in another. The top drawers of the kitchen trolley hold all of my everyday stationery. The baskets on the top left shelf hold paperwork in progress or to be filed, the cream leather box on the top right holds my gadgets like labellers and my camera :). On the bottom shelf I have a big basket with all my excess and spare stationery, and a cd box with all of my computer and photo related cds and dvds.

The fridge is a perfect magnetic board right next to me. Will has told me he likes the simplicity of the whole setup and I find it much better than having a huge desk that collects garbage and is used as a storage space!! My ex office has now been turned into a play room for the kids and has the Thomas Wooden train set, the train table and the Little Tikes mountain set up. The kids are in there every day playing cars and trains - so I know I have made the right decision.

It is now school holidays and the kids stayed at Grandma's last night. I got a phone call yesterday after lunch - it was my girlfriend ringing to say that she wasn't feeling well and had two tickets to see Fame the Musical at 3pm! We went to see the show and I feel so terrible that she didn't get to go - I hope she is feeling better. The show was amazing and we had a nice quiet child-free dinner afterwards ;)
Rhys is all about Thomas the Tank Engine!
The contract on our land fell through as the buyers were not approved for finance, when they told us that they were!!! Back to square one, and $120 worse off for solicitors fees too. We may be building that house after all!! Who knows what the future will bring.



No comments:

Post a Comment