Saturday, June 19, 2010






I have been quite the amazing housewife this weekend so far! Will went to the football last night and after the kids went to bed I whipped the house into shape. The kitchen has really been bugging me for sometime. You know the bits and pieces that accumulate and make it look cluttered? Well I got in and cleaned it out. Its amazing how nice it feels to work in a kitchen that is sparkling clean and neat! Tonight I made a Bacon and egg pie - my first ever. William was in the kitchen sniffing around - I don't think he was happy that I was making this 'strange and new' concoction. On the table however, the family scoffed it down - definitely a keeper!!

****

Bacon and Egg Pie
8 slices multi-grain bread, crusts removed
250g bacon rashers, rind and fat removed, chopped
1 small brown onion, roughly chopped
4 eggwhites, lightly whisked
4 eggs
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated light tasty cheese

Preheat oven to 180c. Lightly grease a 3cm-deep, 22cm (base) flan or quiche pan. Using a rolling pin, roll out bread slices until 3mm thick. Arrange bread over base and sides of dish, overlapping to cover base. Place dish on an oven tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted.

Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.

Spread half the bacon mixture over bread base. Pour eggwhites over bacon mixture. Crack eggs over mixture. Sprinkle with remaining bacon mixture. Top with mozzarella and tasty cheese. Season with pepper.

Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs have set. Serve with steamed vegetables.

****

Whilst dinner was cooking, we got the new juicer out to have a go. Will was in that kitchen quick smart when he heard the motor starting up, and had taken over the cutting up of fruit ;)

I am very pleased with the Sunbeam juicer. There is no mess outside of the machine, all the components and parts fit snugly and properly and the motor is very quiet - I was expected loud and messy like you see at the shopping centre juice bars!!

The kidlets thought the juice was great and I'm looking forward to incorporating it into their diets - especially melon boy (Rhys) - he could eat an entire rockmelon in one sitting if he was allowed!!

Will washed his work car this afternoon, guerneyed the front driveway and paths and then played cricket with the kids. The weather is stunning - you would never know it was winter - the kids were running through the hose in the backyard!!!

Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow morning, I put my hand up last week because I felt like some overtime back THEN!! At least it is only a quick job and I won't need to be there for long - my ebay pile is building up and I need to get on top of it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for following my blog, I hope I dont bore you too much, I am going to try your egg and bacon pie one night too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming by my blog! It's great to meet you. This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete