Monday, August 07, 2006

Croak....

Well, guess what, I'm at home today, with little to no voice or should I say, a croak. I have a bit of a headache and a cough and runny nose, but on the whole I have been sicker than this. I guess this is my punishment for calling Riles 'Pilgrim' last week when he had the same thing and sounded like John Wayne with his croaky voice. LOL. So yes, another sick day off. This season has been incredible for sickness. I don't think I have spoken to one person who has not been sick at least once. Every year, I get sick once every winter, this year, this is the fourth time!

Anyway, Saturday was one of those days where everything is d r a g g e d o u t and you don't get much done because you're w a i t i n g f o r things to happen or be done. We have (or had) two big rocks either side of our driveway that were put there by the previous owners of the house. A few weeks ago, on the day of Chelsea's party, the previous owner came around and asked, basically, if they could have the bigger one of the rocks back. She explained that she believed it helped them stay healthy in the 12 years they had lived here and all three of them had been sick since moving away. The clencher was that she would replace the rock with a fountain/rock/ornament of my choice. So I said yes.......

Well this thing got carted away on Saturday and it was heavier than the three men who were trying to drag it onto the trailer. Eventually they did it and I have a nice new feature in place, which will hopefully eventually become a water feature.
AND BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING! I was getting sick BEFORE the rock was removed! I am superstitious, but I don't believe the rock has had any influence on our health. Maybe now its gone some more money will flow into the house though? LOL.

Saturday night we went over to mum and dad's as usual and had a ball. We won't be back over for another two weeks because next Saturday we will be at Brad and Jess' Wedding (which I dreamt about last night?!) and Aimee and Dave are going to the Snow in Victoria with Dave's Family. Lucky!! Aimee has never really seen snow and should be interesting to see how she goes skiing!! Hopefully she will sent me some great photos.

Sunday I spent exactly 8.5 hours in our garage. Why? To give my daughter a playroom. I had to clean it out (has never really been touched since we bought the house) clean the roof and walls, Will had to put up a dividing wall so her toys wouldn't roll under the car on the other side of the garage, I painted the roof and walls, brought all the toys in and set them up, and then finally had to clean out the other side of the garage. All is spotless now. You may look at the photos and think that we spoil our daughter rotten. We always make sure she has nice presents for her birthday and Christmas, but Chelsea has a lot of relatives and friends and friends of relatives and they all love buying her presents as well, as well as the fact that she has quite a few of my own toys that are still kicking, so, that is why we have enough toys to keep a dozen kindy kids all going for a week! I have always wanted a toyroom (I know mum will be jealous!) because I like having the rest of the house spotless and Chelsea drags all her garbage around the house to every room. At least now, its all in one place and she can get to it all easily. She still has a few of her special, good toys up in her bedroom.

Anyway, I will be adding a few more links to the left today, so be sure to go and have a look at all of these great sites that I visit regularly. I will most probably be back at work tomorrow, so I will make the most of my extended weekend. Even if I feel like garbage!! Suzi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment