Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Don't Wish your Life away

Well, another working week is well underway. I have had an absolute mongrel of a week so far at work, I don't wish to divulge the details, but believe me, I am so glad to drive into that garage in the afternoon.

Last night joined in Scrapbooks 'n more scrap chat from 8-9pm and I was really surprised at how many ladies were on there. Its so nice to talk to someone who enjoys the same craft for a change. Mum does practically every single craft EXCEPT scrapbooking, Aimee gave it up for lack of time, and my other friends are all into other things, so I am glad I can finally talk scrapping with someone for a change!!

Only 3 weeks 2 days till my 24th birthday. OMG how my life has flown already. Before I know it, I will be a grandmother. My boss David told me the other week not to wish my life away, after I complained how I couldn't wait until the weekend. I really thought about that comment, and I would have to say, that I agree.

For the last 6, or 7 years, since I have been out on my own with William, its always been, oh when we get this or when we get that, or one day. But I have now realised, this is my life. If I don't start enjoying and making the most of what I have now, then I will be looking into the future - Wishing my life away - for the next 70 years.

A work colleague recently welcomed his third child (Harry) into the world - with the great help of his wife of course!! The week of little Harry's birth, I couldn't help wondering when William and I would have another little one ourselves, to love and play with Chelsea. For all of Chelsea's two 1/2 short years, I have always been pushing, looking forward to her next milestone.

At this stage I'm really not sure if we will be able to have another one, and in a way, I'm sad that I didn't savour the 2 1/2 years even more.

My resolution for this year, was to slow down, savour the moment, and enjoy what we have now, as opposed to pining for things that we don't.

My little girl is growing up way to fast to wish her life away, and so am I..

Mommy Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment